Apr 7, 2009

backlog

I did a few more posts over the weekend, but didn't put them up here because I was up at the cabin and didn't feel like wasting any more time on the interwebz than was actually necessary. Here's what you missed while I was playing outside...

day 4: a walk in the woods
Up at my folks' cabin at the foot of Mt. Adams for the weekend. My folks, my sister, her boyfriend, their good friends, my friend Jessie, myself, plus four dogs all enjoyed a beautiful day out in the middle of [almost] nowhere. Jessie, my mom and I went for a nice long walk into town, back out of town, and through the surrounding wildlife refuge. Nothing like getting your heart rate up when there are no cars around to fill your lungs with carbon monoxide, and a beautiful blue sky and glaciated peak to inspire you. All in all a very good day.

day 5: heavy lifting
I don't know that I actually consider yesterday's activities as qualifying for the BOWC. A friend and I loaded the majority of what I own [that has been in storage, in boxes for the past five years] into the back of my parents' Yukon. We then unloaded it all, carrying it up two flights of stairs in the process.

I didn't realize I owned so many books.

No comments: