Apr 17, 2009

13.1

I did it. I just signed up for my first half marathon.

AND I AM SO EFFING EXCITED!!!

I've been wanting to do one for quite some time. For a while I just wanted to do one for bragging rights. You know just so I could say, "I ran a half marathon."

Then I for a while I thought, "That is crazy. Like I could ever do that. My body isn't made to do that."

Now I think, "I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT TO ACTUALLY RUN A HALF MARATHON."

It's the Sauvie Island Foot Traffic Flat. It is on July 4, 2009. And have I mentioned how excited I am to be doing this yet? Oh, okay. WELL I AM.

I have to say that I am incredibly lucky to have Kathy Simpson as a best friend. She is a KICKASS runner and an even KICKASSIER best friend. As soon as I told her I was doing this she went to work on a customized training plan that factors in the fact that I like having Sunday off, Run Club is Monday and Wednesday, and until mid-June I have ultimate on Tuesdays and Fridays. She also said, "You know I'm going to act like your running coach, right?"

Man...she is the best.

AND I AM SO EFFING EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Who is this lady!? I want to marry her... ;-)

Haley said...

Too bad, she's taken.