Mar 3, 2009

ready

I never thought I would say this, but...

I AM READY FOR SPRING.

Me. Haley Kristine Cloyd. Who LOVES the rainy, cold, wet weather of the Pacific Northwest. Who loves sweaters, and blankets, and wool socks, and skirts with boots and tights [obsessed with that combo actually].

Or maybe it is that I am simply dissatisfied with the warm clothing options available to me on a regular basis. I only have a few skirts. There are only a small number of really warm sweaters [that I like] on my shelves. Perhaps if I had one or two more skirts, and another wool [or cashmere] sweater [or six]...perhaps this would nip this longing for spring in the bud.

Or perhaps California has ruined me. Or maybe not so much me as my wardrobe. There were plenty of adorable sweaters and wool skirts for sale there, but much less reason to purchase and wear them. It could also be that Vogue and Elle and all my favorite fashion blogs are highlighting the spring and summer trends [trends: there is no trend.].

Whatever the culprit, I want short sleeves, gauzy jersey cotton dresses, leather sandals, and cuffed jeans that show off painted toes just visible through peep-toe slingbacks. But alas, I will don my wool trench over my two long sleeved shirts, my sweater, my skirt, my tights, and my boots [inside which you will find warm socks tucked away for extra warmth]. I will make sure I have both gloves and hat waiting inside my purse, just in case. And I will hope and pray that it doesn't rain because wet and cold or not, I still CANNOT bring myself to purchase an umbrella.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought i'd never hear you say those words.

p.s. i'm heading out to dinner now. in a dress over jeans with a light sweater & sandals. :)

Haley said...

Shhh...don't tell anyone.

P.S. I bet you look ADORABLE.

P.P.S. Remember when you asked me if it ever got above 60 here?

Heather said...

You are supposed to say that quietly or Josh will never want us to move there ;)