- You still have 12 weeks! That's plenty of time to get up to speed. I can help you with any training questions you have. We can also look for a training group in Portland.
- There is no foul in walking. My mom did her first marathon walking the entire thing. She was the last to finish, but came in with tears in her eyes and a huge smile on her face. We can come up with a plan so that you walk every 15 minutes and still finish this thing.
- Run to the nearest bar after 13.1. If you're not feeling good after 13.1, let's share a pint at the nearest bar. No pressure!
- We'll be there to help you through it.
- It's gonna feel really good to cross that finish line. One of the best feelings in the world.
Portland Marathon, here I come.
*Shameless plug: if you're not on dailymile yet, you need to fix that, stat!