What I didn't expect was that this week would be so good. I didn't expect encouragement from unexpected places. I didn't expect that I would love my quiet mornings in the office before everyone else arrived as much as I do. I didn't expect to enjoy running this week.
This week has been so much more than what I thought it would be, and it's not over yet.
This week, I am so very thankful.
- For quiet mornings and fresh, hot cups of coffee.
- The gift of friendship, and all the many forms it takes.
- A WHOLE weekend in San Francisco with Kathy.
- A reminder that sometimes it is the storms in life that He uses to save us.
- The softening of my heart toward things I'd promised myself I'd never do...like baking pies.
- Fresh berries from local farms.
- Running with the One who gives me the ability to run in the first place.
- New jeans.
- Celebrating with friends as they commit their lives to one another.
- The smell of the salty air on a sunny summer day on the Oregon Coast.