Jul 1, 2010

thankful on a thursday—exceeding expectations

I expected this week to be overwhelming. I expected it to be too much. I thought the days would be too long and the nights too short. My expectations were, for the most part, met.

What I didn't expect was that this week would be so good. I didn't expect encouragement from unexpected places. I didn't expect that I would love my quiet mornings in the office before everyone else arrived as much as I do. I didn't expect to enjoy running this week.

This week has been so much more than what I thought it would be, and it's not over yet.

This week, I am so very thankful.
  1. For quiet mornings and fresh, hot cups of coffee.
  2. The gift of friendship, and all the many forms it takes.
  3. A WHOLE weekend in San Francisco with Kathy.
  4. A reminder that sometimes it is the storms in life that He uses to save us.
  5. The softening of my heart toward things I'd promised myself I'd never do...like baking pies.
  6. Fresh berries from local farms.
  7. Running with the One who gives me the ability to run in the first place.
  8. New jeans.
  9. Celebrating with friends as they commit their lives to one another.
  10. The smell of the salty air on a sunny summer day on the Oregon Coast.

No comments: