- A long weekend away with the lovely Kathy Simpson. It was long overdue and every minute was absolutely wonderful.
- Strapless dresses and strappy sandals.
- Ice cubes and ice cold water.
- Living water that never runs dry.
- The proximity of my house to a fantastic gelato place.
- My uncle Peter has gained four pounds even as he is in the midst of chemo and radiation for esophageal cancer.
- Good Southern comfort food.
- A good summer read.
- My fourth Avett Brothers concert NEXT weekend!
- His thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are not my ways.
Jul 8, 2010
thankful on a really hot thursday
I know even I, the perpetual lover of rain, got to a point just a few weeks ago where I was tired of the consistent precipitation. And I knew this would happen. I knew that as soon as it got above 85 degrees I would start complaining. But you know what? This is a THANKFUL day, so that is what I am choosing to focus on.