Oct 28, 2010

thankful on a thursday—be still

When I can't seem to keep my head on straight, He reminds me to be still.

When dreams for the future vanish like the sun in the midst of an autumn rainstorm in Portland, He reminds me to be still.

When I am so tired I can barely drag myself out of bed, He reminds me to be still.

When nothing makes sense, He reminds me to be still.

He reminds me to be still and know that He is God. When He reminds me to know that He is God, I am reminded of His goodness. I am reminded of His promises. I am reminded of His jealous love for me. I am reminded of the lengths to which He has gone to love me, to intercede for me, to ensure that He is with me always.

In that stillness, if I listen, I swear I can hear Him breathe. I swear I can feel the warmth of His breath on the top of my head, whispering the love and kisses of a Father to His daughter. "Trust me. Abide in me. I love you, and My love is more than enough for all that you are going through."

  1. The reminder to slow down, to be still and KNOW.
  2. I have the best friends.
  3. Bourbon and ginger ale.
  4. Honesty in the midst of the messiness of life.
  5. The middle, even though it's hard to live there.
  6. My lovely cousinsister Katie has moved back to the Pacific Northwest.
  7. I am not the same person I was a year ago, or even six months ago.
  8. Warm coffee on rainy autumn days.
  9. He who began a good work in me is faithful to complete it
  10. This time to stop and be thankful each week, and my awesome friend, Nish, who started it all.

No comments: