- Insecurities are universal, and I am not alone in my struggle with pride.
- The Portland Marathon is one and a half weeks away, and whether I walk, run, or crawl across the finish line in six, seven or ten hours, I will have completed a 26.22 mile race.
- Forest Park is only 1.74 miles from my house, and once there I have 40+ miles of trail just waiting for me to explore.
- Honesty, whether it is hard or easy, is always a good thing.
- Pruning hurts, but I cannot produce fruit without it.
- For the lines, "Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, still be my vision, O Ruler of All," and the way they touch the core of where I am and where I want to be.
- Watching my high schoolers struggle forward on their individual journeys, and the fact that they choose to share stories from those journeys with me.
- There is nothing like a good book.
- I may love the rain, but these blue skies are heaven.
- Watching leaves on the hillside change colors.
- The chance to be a student again.
- Reading the book of Ruth with new eyes.
Sep 23, 2010
thankful on a thursday—busy as usual
I started this post last week, and, as seems to happen more and more often, Thursday came and went all too fast. Today I find myself rushed, needing to get too much done in the next 60 minutes before heading outside for six miles along the water. I cannot wait to leave this office and lose myself in a run. With that, here are a few things for which I am so very thankful.