- In my emptiness, He comes in and fills me up.
- Blue sky and sunshine in the exact spot I stood waiting for the bus this morning.
- Early morning adventures full of grace and never-ending love.
- The way praising Him always turns my heart around, reorienting me toward His Goodness.
- The understanding that resurrection means NEW LIFE.
- A weekend away with high school students, living, loving, playing and learning more about Jesus.
- The smell of coffee early in the morning.
- Living in Truth is better than hiding behind lies.
- A weekend with my cousinsisterbestfriend in her new home.
- The sound of the wind outside my window.
- My story is not finished.
Apr 8, 2010
thankful on a thursday
I feel exposed, and I don't like it. There used to be walls I could hide behind when life got hard or I didn't want to engage. I look around, searching for my self-built fortress, and all I find is the remainder of soggy cardboard boxes painted to look like stone. Its temporary and ineffective nature exposed, I find myself out in the open, standing on a rocky outcrop, staring out at the slate gray sea and stormy skies. Seeking protection from the impending storm, I look around amidst the soggy cardboard to find I'm standing inside the foundation of what will become something more, something stronger. A lasting fortress, not meant to keep people out, built to protect from the storms of this life.