Apr 21, 2011

thankful on a thursday

I am foregoing the introduction of today's Thankful on a Thursday because friends, I am exhausted. My entire body aches not just for sleep, but for rest. So here is my wee list of gratitude, although this week I feel I have failed miserably to share just how very thankful I am because this week has been full of His goodness in more ways than I can count.
  1. A week full of sunshine.
  2. My God is so big, so strong and so mighty. There is nothing my God cannot do.
  3. I have the very best friends. I don't know what I would do without them.
  4. Deer Hunter. Not the movie, but the game we played at youth group.
  5. A high school production of Aida. The awkward ways those kids with only one line deliver that one line and the AMAZING voice of the girl who played Aida. Wow.
  6. How could you not be thankful when movies like this exist?
  7. The overwhelming sense of His faithfulness and His goodness, even in the midst of trial, that I have had all week long.
  8. Dinner with mom at Mother's.
  9. Johnny Cash. You sir were exactly what these ears needed to hear.*
  10. Holy Week and the anticipation of the resurrection.
  11. Honesty. Even when it is hard.


Two fantastic things about this song. First, we sang this in church on Sunday. Second, that's Scott and Seth Avett you hear playing the banjo and stomp their feet in the background.

No comments: