May 24, 2012

What I've Learned After One Semester of Seminary

As January 23rd drew closer, I imagined entering the classroom again after an eight year absence, and wondered what lessons awaited me inside the walls of Travis-Lovett Hall. In what, depending on the day, seems like either an eternity or the blink of an eye, my first semester of seminary has come and gone, and now, with all this free time I suddenly have, I have compiled a list of things I have learned after my first semester of seminary. It is much less academic than I imagined it would be as I packed my things and moved from an adorable apartment in northwest Portland into on campus student housing (no, it’s not a dorm). And while I did learn some of these things in the classroom, most of them were little seeds that were planted in the midst of a lecture that then blossomed later as the semester progressed.

I'm posting over at Deeper Story today, head over there to read the rest of this post.

No comments: