May 5, 2012

dear saturday morning

Dear Saturday Morning,

This is really not how I hoped you would go. I was going to get up early and be done with one of my papers by now. I suppose it's really not your fault. I say we blame it on Friday, and that back tire with the slow leak.

I think deep down we both know this isn't about the tire, the slow leak, or the window that gets stuck anytime someone rolls it down. This is really about deeper things like trust and loneliness and longing.

So instead of being mad, I choose to say thank you for not going according to my plan.

Thank you Saturday morning for looking so different than I planned.

Thank you tire for having that slow leak, which required I be at Les Schwab at 8AM.

Thank you Les Schwab employee for rolling down the one window in my car that won't go back up, thus making a trip across the river into Vancouver to the auto shop necessary.

And thank you Lord, that Your ways are not my ways. This morning is not what I would have chosen, but I am thankful nonetheless.

Sincerely,

Haley

No comments: