- Lizzy and Ashby are here and spending the night with me tonight.
- The joy and beauty that seems to explode whenever Ashby smiles, laughs, babbles, basically whenever she does anything.
- The rain that's pouring down outside and the way it reminds me of the way He washes me clean.
- There is beauty in the broken mess of life.
- The broken messiness of life is even more beautiful and wonderful when we invite others into our own broken mess.
**Excuse me while I go repeat that to myself while looking in a mirror.**
- I am His beloved and He is mine.
- Twitter's direct message feature and the conversations that take place behind the scenes.
- Going to my first, but not last, NFL game and seeing the Seahawks WIN!
- Tattoo Friday.
- When He looks at me, I am holy and blameless before Him because of the incomprehensible sacrifice of my Savior. I do not understand it, but I cannot deny that I have done NOTHING to deserve this gift, and I cannot deny my gratitude at the enormity of this gift.
Dec 9, 2010
thankful on a thursday—i'm back?
It's been a while. And there are reasons. And I've got an unpublished post or two that discusses those reasons. But instead of waiting until they're ready (translation: until I feel comfortable posting them on the interwebz) I'm just going to tell you that this Thursday I am very thankful. I'm also going to tell you that I have missed these weekly pauses where I reflect and am thankful.