Mar 4, 2010

thankful on a thursday

Since November I've been a leader with Imago Dei's high school youth group. There are so many reasons I love youth ministry, and every Wednesday night these students and the other leaders refresh and reinvigorate that love and passion God's given me. One of the leaders is a lovely lady called Nish, and Nish has recently started a blog [which you should totally check out!]. In her post today she started a new weekly list called "Thankful on a Thursday." I am, in her words, joining her in speaking words and breathing sighs of thankfulness and God's blessing. Here's my list of [at least] ten things for which I am thankful:
  1. Legs that can and do LOVE to run.
  2. The feel of soft merino wool wound around my fingers as I knit.
  3. The way the sunrise looks from my kitchen table.
  4. The taste and smell of coffee, and the mug I drink it from.
  5. A weekend in LA to visit my beautiful cousinsisterbestfriend and her brand new baby, Ashby.
  6. My cousin Andrew, who used his airline miles so I could get down to LA.
  7. The view from my office window and the way the clouds make their way over the west hills.
  8. A sassy new 'do.
  9. The banjo pickin' goodness of The Avett Brothers.
  10. The season of Lent and the encouragement to pause and reflect.
What are you thankful for?

No comments: