Then I was at home community on Sunday, and as we were going around sharing how our weeks went, what we wanted prayer for, and the ways God's been answering our prayers, I was bowled over by how faithful the Lord is. As we went around the room each person's words reflected God's work in our lives. It was incredibly encouraging.
And friends, I needed that.
I know that He is faithful. But sometimes my faith falters and I need more than just the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of what I do not see. I got that on Sunday in heaps and piles.
Five days later I am still reveling in His provision.
- The people in my home community.
- FOUR new leaders for the high school group. Such a HUGE answer to prayer. Seriously.
- Watching my high schoolers graduate. I am so proud of the young women they are.
- Summer in Portland.
- Friends who remind me of what is best for me, even when it is hard.
- A new crew of eighth graders moving up into the high school group. I cannot wait to discover who they are.
- Better relationships with my coworkers. Some of these have been a very long time coming.
- My friends. Seriously. How on earth did I get so blessed?
- The truth that my value comes from being loved by a God as faithful and unchanging as Yahweh.