Jun 9, 2011

thankful on a thursday—good giver of gifts

Okay. I get that part of the point of engaging in this weekly exercise of listing things I am thankful for is to remind me of how many reasons I have to be thankful. Since I've been a bit ridiculously absent on this blog for the last month or so, I haven't been engaging in this as much.

Then I was at home community on Sunday, and as we were going around sharing how our weeks went, what we wanted prayer for, and the ways God's been answering our prayers, I was bowled over by how faithful the Lord is. As we went around the room each person's words reflected God's work in our lives. It was incredibly encouraging.

And friends, I needed that.

So much.

I know that He is faithful. But sometimes my faith falters and I need more than just the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of what I do not see. I got that on Sunday in heaps and piles.

Five days later I am still reveling in His provision.
  1. The people in my home community.
  2. Running.
  3. FOUR new leaders for the high school group. Such a HUGE answer to prayer. Seriously.
  4. Watching my high schoolers graduate. I am so proud of the young women they are.
  5. Summer in Portland.
  6. Friends who remind me of what is best for me, even when it is hard.
  7. A new crew of eighth graders moving up into the high school group. I cannot wait to discover who they are.
  8. Better relationships with my coworkers. Some of these have been a very long time coming.
  9. My friends. Seriously. How on earth did I get so blessed?
  10. The truth that my value comes from being loved by a God as faithful and unchanging as Yahweh.

No comments: