Sep 2, 2009

derek & don

Derek Webb and Don Miller are men who, when God puts something on their hearts, they share it. They get it out. They put it out there. Even when it's not pretty. Even when it causes a ruckus.

Derek Webb's new album, Stockholm Syndrome, was released yesterday. I went for Tier 1 Physical + Digital myself and am listening to it on my iPod while I await the arrival of my CDs. Let me just say that I thought Derek Webb laid it all out there before. And he did. But this is a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

And then there is Don Miller. Blue Like Jazz. Searching for God Knows What. Wow. I mean, he has more books, but those are the ones I've read. I never cease to be moved to laughter and awe at his way of opening my eyes up to new levels of understanding things I thought I already understood. His new book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, comes out on September 29. BUT you can read the first 30 pages now. And you can even read them HERE. Not because I'm anyone special, but because he posted the code for it on his website.

No comments: