May 6, 2010

thankful on a thursday-longing for peace

I am confused. I am certain. I am doubtful. I am assured.

Back and forth. Back and forth. Fear. Peace. Fear. Faith. Fear. Love. Fear. Trust. He wraps me up in so many layers of Himself, but the enemy reverts to his tried and true weapon—fear.

I am trying to wade through, to see His Truth, to find my path. His path. Words that once brought comfort and freedom only seem to confuse. But He is not a God of confusion. He is a God of peace. He does not hide from me when I seek Him. How do I quiet my fears enough to hear His still, small voice?

Within this back and forth I am still thankful. It is a choice to be thankful, and it is a choice worth making.
  1. A quiet evening at home.
  2. The comfort and solace of His word.
  3. My first physical therapy appointment.
  4. A day of sunshine without rain.
  5. A double shot eight ounce latte.
  6. Celebrating my sister's graduation with lots of family.
  7. Books on loan from friends.
  8. Good local beers with friends.
  9. The joy that fills each Wednesday night.
  10. God's unendingly, patient, bottomless love.

No comments: